MMSF will take place in one of the Mediterranean's best-kept and most beautiful secrets: Trebinje, located just 19 miles (30km) from Dubrovnik, in the southernmost part of Bosnia & Herzegovina. A birthplace of Jovan Ducic, a famous Modernist Serbian poet whose refined aesthetics are felt throughout the area.
Trebinje has complex and rich history stretching back to the 9th century, when it was known as “the land of Serbs.” It was later ruled by the Ottomans and the Austro-Hungarians and was part of the former Yugoslavia. Today, Trebinje is the capital of the Serbian Autonomous Region of Herzegovina.
Lessons, Classes, and Rehearsals
All lessons will take place at the main Music School in Trebinje, across the street from the main Cultural Center, which will host our daily master-classes, several ensemble rehearsals and string orchestra rehearsals as well as many evening performances. All rooms are non-smoking and air-conditioned.
The main stages and performance spaces for MMSF include:
- the Theater Hall in the Cultural Center of Trebinje
- the Amphitheater at the Hercegovacka Gracanica
- the Museum of Hercegovina Trebinje
Arrival Dates and Transportation
All students should fly into the International Airport of Dubrovnik (DBV) in Croatia or the International Airport in Podgorica (TGD) Montenegro. MMSF will be providing a free pick up and drop off shuttle buses in both locations. Participants should plan to arrive on August 1, 2018. The shuttle bus transportation times are: 2pm for the arrivals in Dubrovnik; 3pm for the arrivals in Podgorica. When booking your return flight, plan to leave from Dubrovnik or Podgorica on August 13, with a flight departure after 11am. Everyone who wishes to take the shuttle bus should plan their flight times accordingly. If, however, you arrival and departure times are outside the provided bus schedule, MMSF can assist you with making reservations for an additional $50 airport transfer fee, not be covered by MMSF. Please email us your flight arrival/departure times.
For all additional inquires, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participating students and guests will stay at Platani, two adjacent 4-star boutique hotels situated on the main square in Trebinje. The hotels will serve breakfast and dinner. All rooms are non-smoking facilities, with air-conditioning and Wi-Fi service. A daily lunch will be served in the Cultural Center’s main restaurant.
We will have two excursions during the festival.
- Dubrovnik, one of the most spectacular and a must-be-seen destination on the Adriatic Sea. In 1979, the city of Dubrovnik joined the UNESCO list of the World Heritage Sites. We will spend an entire day touring and going to the beach. There will be no MMSF activities on that day.
- Mostar, a cultural capital of the Herzegovina region and a town that will steal your hearts. We will have more information on our itinerary for this trip soon. Stay tuned!